Asking questions is a great way to build stronger relationships with your personal trainer. They are also great for helping us to learn more about you and your motivations for getting into shape in the first place. Asking questions early on is vital to making sure you’ve chosen the right trainer with the relevant skills and qualifications to help you reach your goals.
Here are ten questions I love new and current clients to ask:
- Why are you the best person to train me and what are your qualifications?
- What is a realistic goal to set myself for this year?
- What would you say is my weakest point & how can I improve it?
- Why am I performing this exercise?
- What is my current body fat measurement?
- How can I maintain motivation outside of the gym?
- What dietary changes should I be making?
- How can I motivate a spouse/partner to join in?
- What’s the most important piece of advice you’ve ever heard?
- Why do you train the way you do?
“When you stop learning, stop listening, stop looking and asking questions, always new questions, then it is time to die.” – Lillian Smith
So go ahead, ask questions, learn new things, build better relationships and find a personal trainer that is more than just the guy/girl who makes you sweat.
Do you ask your trainer questions? Feel free to ask me any questions regarding fitness and training at: email@example.com or contact me here.
– Adam White