Supplements are a great way to improve performance, shape, health and energy and so they are a great thing to advise to clients and family. I dont want to advise you on everything that’s good for you because I believe we have to test what works best for us individually and stick to 3 or 4 supplements at a time and not become a pill popper taking hundreds of pills or obsessing over them.
Here are my current favourites that I use on a daily basis:
- Solgar Whey Protein has no artificial gunk which is so common in most whey products. Whey is useful for a quick protein fix and a cheaper alternative to having meat and fish. It’s fantastic for aiding muscle recovery and growth especially 0-30 minutes after your workout.
- Glutamine is amazing for recovery for the brain and for the health of your gut. It’s also something I like to take regularly and throughout the day, this is probably my favourite of all supplements at the moment.
- Omega 3’s which is fish oil. These are great for the brain and the heart and incredible for optimising your hormones.
- Zinc is fantastic for your immune system, your sperm, your testosterone and your immune system.
- Magnesium is great for muscle recovery, helping with cramps, muscle growth and helping you sleep and calming you down. I prefer taking this in the late afternoon and the evening, magnesium is great before bed as an oil or as salts added to your bath.
These products work for me and may work for you too so give them a try, read up on them some more, go and get your blood tested if need be and remember supplements are exactly that, A SUPPLEMENT, to a heathy well balanced diet.
So here are some tips for some supplements I rate for people to use to improve health and performance.. my minute was up by the time I got up to glutamine which is great for brain and gut health and I also recommend fish oils for brain and heart health. #health #personaltrainer #sw1pt #supplements #londonpersonaltrainer #london #fishoils #personaltrainertips #healthtips #wheyprotein #solgar #vitamins #glutamine #zinc #omega3 #magnesium #fitness #performance #adamwhitept #adamwhitepersonaltrainingstudios #nutrition #getstrong