Exercise to Feel Good, not just to Look Good!
In today’s society, we are constantly bombarded with the media telling us that we need to exercise more and lose weight. However, I believe that the benefits of exercise are massively under stated aside from weight loss. There are a large amount of psychological benefits that can make a massive impact on your day to day life. Exercising just 3 times per week for 1 hour at a time can give you:
- Improved mood
- Reduced stress as well as an improved ability to cope with stress
- Improved self-esteem
- Pride in physical accomplishments
- Increased satisfaction with oneself
- Improved body image
- Increased feelings of energy
- Improved in confidence in your physical abilities
- Decreased symptoms associated with depression
So, exercising for just 3 out of the 168 hours in the week can improve your quality of life dramatically. Not to mention making you look great for summer!
(Ref – Association for applied sports psychology)