The Benefits of Online Fitness Training vs. Gym Based Training
As the COVID-19 pandemic runs its course, your fitness routine has probably changed over the past year. Instead of hitting the gym several days a week, you might be sitting at home trying to figure out ways to get moving. By now, though, you may have found an online fitness training regimen that fits your lifestyle and schedule. With plenty of home workouts to choose from, you should be able to achieve or maintain your fitness goals without leaving the house. As the pandemic eases, you can decide whether to continue your virtual training program or make your return to the gym.
Virtual Workouts are More Convenient
One of the best things about online fitness training programs is that you can choose a convenient day and time for your workout. Morning, noon, or night, your virtual training will be waiting when you are ready to slip into comfortable clothes and complete your routine. Here are some other benefits:
- You can work out alone or invite a friend or you may even want to include the kids.
- Do your home workouts at your own pace without feeling rushed or pressured.
- If you miss your regular session, you can catch up later to get back on track.
- You can slow down or repeat part of the workout to be sure you get it right.
- You might also want to skip over any challenging exercises until you get more familiar with the overall routine.
- You can even consult with a health coach by Zoom or facetime on your phone as you get ready for your virtual exercise session. Discuss your goals and develop a workout routine with your coach. Then, occasionally meet virtually to go over your progress to date as well as any updated or adjusted workout objectives and long-term goals.
- There’s no need to gas up the car, navigate hazardous weather, maneuver through traffic, and find a parking spot at the gym.
- You don’t have to sign in or out, take the kids to the childcare area, or make small talk with casual acquaintances as you try to complete a timely exercise session.
- Nor will you need to pack a gym bag with fresh clothes, deodorant, and shower products if you plan to bathe there afterward.
- You won’t need to watch the clock to rush and make it to your spinning class on time or change clothes before or after your class.
- You can do everything needed for your fitness routine in your home at your own convenience.
Home Workouts for Women can be very Comfortable
Exercising in the privacy of your home means you can wear whatever you like during your virtual workouts. We recommend choosing clothing that will allow you to move easily and smoothly without worrying what others might think. You can ride your stationary bike in a messy family room or stretch out on your exercise mat in the privacy of your bedroom. The ability to do workouts anywhere you can get the Internet means that you can shift your exercise location based on your preferences, including your mood on a given day or the season if you prefer outdoor workouts in your backyard. Invite a friend over, and on nice days you can have a picnic on the patio afterwards enjoying your favorite healthy post-workout snacks. In winter, set up your exercise routine by the fireplace and have a cup of low-fat cocoa when you finish.
(Image Credit: Red Tricycle)
Although some gyms offer showers and grooming areas for women who want to freshen up after exercising, you might prefer online training sessions in the privacy of your home where you can take a long, hot shower or stretch out in a luxurious hot bathtub when you finish.You can also toss those workout clothes into the laundry, so they don’t sit in your gym bag.
Online Fitness Training Can Help You be Consistent
Having control over your workouts gives you greater flexibility and peace of mind. You don’t have to be concerned about an instructor’s availability or other people watching you during the workout. You can arrange your schedule for the same time on certain days or change your workout time as needed to accommodate appointments and other commitments.
Knowing that your workout is available at any time through your computer, to the TV, on your phone or a stationary bike monitor empowers you to keep up with consistent workouts that should build and sustain your fitness level. Even if you miss one or more sessions, you have control over your schedule and circumstances to reschedule at a more opportune time without waiting for the gym to open or the next exercise class session.
Home Workouts Instill Confidence
Knowing that you are in charge of which workout can help to alleviate stress levels and allow you more control over your schedule. You can access your workout anytime or consult with your health coach about any phase of your fitness routine and plans. You can enjoy time to yourself to complete your exercise session at any point of the day that works for you, and the ability to ensure your workout gets done on your terms can make you feel ultra-confident about meeting your fitness goals. As you reach each milestone, your confidence will soar and encourage you to keep going to meet the next goal.
(Image Credit: Verywell Fit)
Working out at home relieves the pressure of fitting in a trip to the gym during its open hours or when classes are offered. Plan your home fitness program to coordinate with other family members or job responsibilities. Your workouts will be even more productive when you don’t need to deal with driving, preparation, cleanup, and competition or socialization. Just enjoy your self-care fitness workouts on your own time and in your own way.
If you are serious about training and want to be your best self, check out our training sessions at Adam White Personal Training Studios, where online training is available.