A great workout for leg day:
- Run 10 minutes to warm-up our body; joints, ligaments, muscles, bones and heart. Use your nose to breathe; only inhale and exhale from the nostrils.
- Then, move on to squats using a light weight. Warming up your body by slowly building up to 20 reps. If you can do 20 rep squats, start adding more weight on and go by my performance rule: if every set you can do more reps, reach up to 20 reps until eventually you can’t lift more weights for more reps. This technique is based on performance condition on the day you are training and will improve mobility. I learnt this model from 5 years of Olympic lifting, which to me is the strictest form and best form of lifting on the planet.
- Then, on to bar deadlifts. Use the same form for anywhere between 1 to 20 reps (depending on performance).
- Next, onto good mornings. These are a great exercise for your lower back, core and hamstrings. And, if done properly, really good for posture. Also, feel free to ask me about form on this as it’s a complex movement.
- Leg curls on the machine and then over to calf raises.
At the end of the workout do sit ups and leg raise holds where you keep your lower back firmly planted into the floor and flat, head tucked into your chin and squeeze the abdomen while feet are inches off of the floor.
- Finally, five essential stretches. Either ask me or look at blogs on the essential stretches that everyone should perform daily.
Also, if you would like me to look at your mechanics, your movements, get you in shape and find you the lifestyle and health solutions you need for you individually and specifically, please contact me!